Friday, August 31, 2012

Ode to the Crockpot

Hey there ladies!

Who out there loves being domestic??  Bueller?  Bueller?  Ferris Buelllller?  Any takers?

I would absolutely LOVE to be domestic (bahahaha!) except for the fact that I wish daily that laundry was a-sexual like a sponge (so it would do itself) and that the nearby woodland creatures would come inside and make my house spotless (how did Snow White, Cinderella, and all the other Disney princesses pull that one off?!).

Maybe a better question would be--How do women these days actually have time to be domestic?  How in the world are you supposed to keep up with the house, the laundry, the dishes, the laundry, the bills, the cooking, your kids (don't actually have any of these yet, I'm expecting the laundry load to double), your husband, oh, and the laundry?  Not to mention your full time job, part time grad school attendance, and hellacious daily commute?

I will tell you!  The secrete to modern day domestication is...drum roll please...THE CROCKPOT.  Borderline one of the wedding gifts I've used the most.  Found out this week that you can make mashed potatoes in the crockpot.  Life=changed.  I also Pinned (but haven't tried yet) a recipe for french toast in the crockpot.  I've chucked frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot along with a can of beer, some BBQ sauce, and some seasonings, and ended up with a legit meal eight hours later.  One of my all-time favorite meals is a crockpot roast with potatoes and carrots.  I wish I could meet the individual who decided it'd be a good idea to combine a ceramic bowl, heating element, and glass lid together to form this masterpiece and give them a GIANT hug!!

Thanks to this person, I may have a sink full of dishes that need washed and a heaping pile of clothes that need folded, but I'll always have a delicious, ridiculously handsome man-pleasing meal ready at the end of the day.        


The End!





No comments:

Post a Comment