Friday, October 19, 2012

Failing at Wednesday

Last Wednesday, I failed.  'At what?' you may be asking.  At Wednesday; I just straight-up failed at Wednesday.

Here's a little background:
We'd been searching for a new/additional freezer for quite a while.  We've got a quarter of a beef coming + whatever deer meat gets harvested this season + half a hog from a show-prospect that didn't quite turn out.  Basically, my home will soon be full of meat (heehee), which is something I won't ever be complaining about!

That devilishly handsome man I married also happens to be one heck of a bargain shopper, so he located an ideal freezer candidate early last week (which happened to be located in the town I work in--aka 45 miles away from our home).  No biggie, I'm a big girl, and felt I could easily handle this whole freezer situation.  He called up the nice lady and had everything all arranged so that I could pick up the freezer on Wednesday after work. The sooner the better, they were looking to get rid of it as soon as possible.   

Wednesday dawned bright and chilly, and I was actually kicking that morning right in the badonkadonk!  (Translation: got out of bed, accomplished a little mornin' working out, stuck dinner in the crockpot so it'd be ready that evening, AND DID MY HAIR!  The hair part basically never happens.)

Anyway, there I was, kicking Wednesday in the butt!  I turned on my lil car to get her all pre-heated and toasty, grabbed my lunch and giant purse, and ran out the door.  Fast forward nearly half an hour and damn near 25 miles.  I'm halfway to work in my car when the phone starts ringing.  Immediately I get that feeling, "What in the WORLD am I forgetting?"

Turns out it's hubby, "Hey babe, do you have money for the freezer this afternoon?"
Me: "Yep, I grabbed your checkbook this morning (being married is the best, heehee!!), but ya know what I didn't grab?"
Hubby: "What's that?"
Me: "The flippin' pick-up!  I'm halfway to town in my car, looks like I'll be turning around at the next exit.  Oh p.s. any chance your truck has fuel in it?"
Hubby:  "Welllllll, I was almost home when i drove it last, figured I'd just fill it up next time I had to take it outt..."  Aka. the truck was basically on empty.  It'd be a miracle if I could make it to the nearest gas station.  This is why men frequently run out of fuel on the side of the road. 

Anyway, I arrived back at the homestead, sent a quick email to work explaning my ridiculousness, switched vehichles, got fuel, and made it to town by 8:30...not too shabby for a rough startin' Wednesday!  Hang in there kids, it's finally Friday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment