Friday, October 19, 2012

Plug in Your Crockpots!

So, today I learned that crockpots work much better when they're plugged in, it's usually good to double check the date/details of that half-marathon you're supposidly running tomorrow, and it's basically impossible to simultaneously blog and watch a scary movie at the same time.

All day today, I told that devilishly handsome man I married "get excited honey, supper's gonna be delish tonight!"  I'd prepped everything the night before over a glass of wine (pay attention, wine is important here, haha!); we where gonna have  ribs...every man loves him some ribs.  Anyway, I opened this new bottle of vino with my fancy schmancy electric bottle opener, the kind you plug in to charge every once in a while (I had to plug it in last night cause I haven't charged it since ummm, May).  We'd gotten it as a wedding present and yes, I'm just now learning how to use this thing...I fear change.  Opening wine bottles the old fashioned way is an artform friends.  Needless to say, I unplugged the crockpot to plug in the bottle opener.   This morning when I turned on the crockpot and left for work, I ended up crockpotting absolutely nothing. 

Oh yeah,  that half marathon that I was supposidly gonna run tomorrow?  Turns out it's important to read all those emails they send ya after you register...there's some good info there.        

Anyway, thank goodness for aunts who inform you of pre-race details in a timely fashion, and husbands who take you out to eat and watch these scary-ass movies with you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment