Thursday, November 22, 2012

What Are You Thankful For?

The other day, I was down in the dumps.  I'd just gotten off the phone with that devilishly handsome man I married, we were talking about how we're tired of busting ass to 'get there' in life.  We're just ready to 'be there' dang it!  We were brainstorming ideas on how to 'get there' and kept hitting dead ends.  I stopped at a gas station to fuel up, kinda down in the dumps, wrapped up in my own thoughts, etc.  I was walking inside to pay when all of the sudden, an older gentlemen in a Dodge Dakota hollers out his window at me, "Hey ma'am!" I do a mental roll of the eyes and turn around to see who's talking to me.  "Are you alright?" the older gentlemen asks. 

I wish I could've seen what my facial expression looked like...how did this guy know how I was feeling?!  Cue the Twilight Zone music!  I said to the older gentlemen, "Yes, I'm fine, thanks."

With a bit of a smile he replied, "Well, I can tell you're not alright, ya know why?" 

"Why's that?" I asked, catching on to the fact that he's trying to be funny.

"Well, you've got a left hand and a right hand, dontcha?  You can't ever be alright!"  He says with a chuckle.  "You have yourself a wonderful Thanksgiving ma'am."

And just like that, my whole day turned right around.  Today, I'm thankful for the little things in life that remind us not to sweat the small stuff.  What are you thankful for?   

No comments:

Post a Comment