Monday, January 11, 2010

Make these muffins! But only if ya want to : )







Not really sure what the deal is, but this Christmas break with no


class and too much time on my hands, all I wanna do is bake stuff!







I was aiming for Apple cinnamon crunch muffins, so these were


kind of an accident cause I didn't have the right ingredients, haha!





Bangin' Raisin Bran Crunch Muffins





Batter





1 1/4 cups flour


1/2 cup sugar


1Tbs. baking powder


1/4 tsp salt


2 cups raisin bran cereal


1/4 cup veggie oil


1/2 tsp cinnamon




Topping



1/3 cup brown sugar


1/2 tsp. cinnamon


1/3 cup chopped nuts














In a pretty big mixing bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let stand


~ 5 mins until cereal softens








(Yes, I used the cheap off brand raisin bran...I'm kind of a broke


college student what do ya expect?)




Ok, add your egg and oil and beat well. Add dry ingredients,


stir until combined. Pour batter into a greased muffin pan.






Topping:


Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped nuts.


(Ok helpful hint...when chopping the nuts, definitely don't


put 'em in a plastic bag and beat said bag against the counter


cause the bag breaks nuts go everywhere!)






heehee






Sprinkle on top of batter.








Bake the whole mess at 400 degrees for ~20 mins


(and your roomies will love you forever!)










Yum










1 comment:

  1. Okay now I WANT a muffin please. Those looks so good. Not a choice I want right now as I'm on my "Healthy Lifestyle Journey" these days and don't want overload on carbs. So enjoy them yourself already. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete